Fall is hands down my favorite season for fashion. Layers, outerwear, trousers and coats… I adore all of the options fall has to offer! And this fall, there are plenty of cool new trends to try out. Ahead of Spring 2017 fashion week, I decided to compile my top trends from Fall Winter 2016 that I’ve already started wearing.
1. Reniassance — Think velvet, bell sleeves, and corsets! The more Game of Thrones, the better!
2. Hoodies — Hallelujah! Hoodies are in! And, the longer the sleeves, the better. My inner fifth grader is rejoicing! Pair an oversized hoodie with super skinny jeans, or OTK boots like Rihanna or Kylie Jenner.
3. Navy Overcoats — I’m a sucker for anything navy, and lucky for me, militant style, navy peacoats are the coat of the season.
4. Burnt Orange — I’m really into this color, mainly because it looks really nice with my hair and skin. I already hopped on this trend with this Line and Dot burnt orange dress. I adore the whimsy, bohemian print.
5. Velvet — Hands down the fabric of choice for fall. Velvet popped up on just about every runway, including H&M and Alberta Ferretti. I like the idea of wearing this via a great blazer or booties!
6. One Shoulder Tops — Say bye bye to the open shoulder, the one shoulder is taking over! This trend is a little part 80s, a little part chic, and can be totally fashion when done right.
7. Animal Prints — You all know I’m a sucker for anything animal… printed, that is. Fall made a strong case for hints of prints, be it a heel or a bag!
For today’s look, I went with trend No. 4–burnt orange. A newfound favorite of mine, I’ve been loving the way burnt orange and light burgundy look with my hair color. This look has a retro, girlie sensibility, so I played off the whimsy with suede booties and my go-to mini bag. Like what you see? Start shopping below! x